Tuesday, February 17, 2009

We're following the leader wherever he may go.















Hello everyone! My name's Danielle, and I'm doing the Fall Advantage '09 Walt Disney World College Program in a Hospitality role.


I was originally going to chronicle my Disney experience in video form, but after making one, I find I don't come off very well in videos. I'm a much better writer than presenter - I was really never one for public speaking. I promise that in person, I am much more bubbly and talkative.

Today, while getting ready for school, I checked the mailbox as always, and gasped when I saw an envelope with Mickey Mouse on it. My roommate yelled, "IS IT HERE?" and I could barely contain my excitement. I ripped open the package to reveal that wonderful purple folder.

As all of us have said in the chat rooms and the group, we'd share when we got accepted with each other. Since, I've been flooded with questions and Facebook friend requests. I've answered a few questions on my vlog, but I'm going to list them here.

Q: When did you apply/interview?
A:
I applied the day the forms came out, which was a Tuesday. I found out on my BlackBerry, came home, watched the E Presentation, and applied online. The next day, I called at around 9:30 AM to schedule my interview. I interviewed on January 23rd at 11AM with Elizabeth. After the interview, I faxed my role checklist and application, and later in the day, snail-mailed both as well.

Update: A friend of mine recently tried to apply, and we discovered that all application materials are now online! The process I went through was apparently part of the old system. Refer to the WDWCP website for application instructions.

Q: How do I find out if my recruiter/Disney recruiting received everything they need?
A: Simple - if you believe something may be missing, email your recruiter, or Disney college recruiting (you can find the email on the website). This is what I did, and my recruiter confirmed that everything had been received and my application was being processed. However, understand that the recruiters are swamped with these emails at moment, and it's important to be patient. If you haven't seen your folder yet, and you haven't confirmed that all your information has been received, it'd be a smart idea to email your recruiter. Also, note that Disney usually only contacts you if they find something to be missing. Keep your emails formal and respectful - the DCP is a job, after all, and you're talking to potential employers.

Q: Can you post the check-in dates for the program?
A:
I'd rather not. First of all, I'm not sure if this is "priviledged information". I believe someone has already posted these in the group, but I decided against it. Plus, I haven't clicked "Accept" yet - I'm meeting with my Dean tomorrow to discuss how much credit I can get for the program and the courses offered at Disney. Once everything is finished, I'll be accepting, sending in my money, etc.

If you have any more questions, feel free to comment, or shoot me an email at showperson@gmail.com. I'll be updating this blog frequently, with things related to the program and also related to Disney as a company.

I hope you enjoy my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment