Monday, February 23, 2009

Disney Couture


When I was fifteen years old, and was about to embark on my first summer in New York, I went on the quest for a purse. I never needed a purse before, as the only place I went without my mother those days was school, and I had my trusty backpack. However, in NY, you need to lug a lot of things around at all times of the day, and my backpack was a little too bulky. Frustrated while shopping in the mall, I stopped into Hot Topic, a store that kind of intimidated me beforehand. While shopping, my eyes fell on a burgundy bag with the outline of Aurora. Dotting the outline were dozens of small rosebuds. I instantly fell in love, and used that bag until it fell apart. Thus began my love with Disney Couture.

Fast-foward to present day. Although I love Disney merchandise, wearing a "Walt Disney World" shirt in the fashion capital of the world isn't very chic. I've bought many a Mickey Mouse shirt at the Happiest Place on Earth, but tend to wear them to bed instead of out on the town. Recently, while surfing the internet, I found the Kidada by Disney Couture line. Kidada Jones, daughter of music legend Quincy Jones, is a Disney fanatic, and designed a line of upscale jewelry for the Disney-loving fashionista. The line came out last summer, and has been spotted on celebs like Miley Cyrus and Nicole Richie. Most famous are the wrap bracelets, which feature charms that represent different Disney characters. There are bracelets for Alice, Cinderella, Aurora, Pocahontas, Belle, Tinker Bell, Bambi, and the Seven Dwarves. There's even a bracelet that has a charm to represent some of the most famous Disney princesses - a lamp for Jasmine, an apple for Snow White, a feather for Pocahontas, and so on.

I picked up one of the wraps that represents most of the Princesses, as well as a gold ring that reminds me to "think of a wonderful thought".

A College Program-related entry will come soon - I have (yet another) meeting tomorrow with one of my financial aid advisors from my school. Everything seems to be going smoothly, I just have to make sure and follow every step to earn credit and retain my scholarships while on the program.

Also, my hearts go out to all of you getting rejected from the program. The economy is affecting everyone, even including the Happiest Place on Earth. Your time will come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment