Monday, June 1, 2009

All it takes is faith and trust, and a little bit of pixie dust!

So sorry I haven't updated in forever! Things have been crazy busy.

So far, since the last post, I've been through Traditions, resort orientation (named "Welcome Home" for my resorts), First Impressions and my first two days of training (day 2 was today). I must admit, I almost cried during Traditions! The videos they show you of cast members are truly touching, and my facilitators, Annie and Amanda, made the class fun. I met a few new friends there as well! Resort orientation was fun! Arnold, my facilitator for that, was truly knowledgeable about the two resorts and showed us all the great things available at each. As he sent us off at the end of our course, he began to cry, exclaiming how excited he was that he was a part of each of our lives, when maybe one of us could end up being a Disney big shot one day. It was truly touching. I received my costumes for both resorts - 3 for Saratoga and 2 for Old Key West - and they're quite interesting. I'll make sure to post pictures soon. My Old Key West outfit is quite the sight.

A few days ago, I completed my four-day First Impressions course, an introductory training to my Front Desk role. My facilitators for that, Jaime and Kristina, who are Concierge at Coronado Springs and Polynesian, respectively, were absolutely wonderful, and were hilarious when role-playing certain check-ins. We checked in Buzz, Woody, Hamm, and a host of other Toy Story characters, even Emperor Zurg! My class only consisted of four people, and I enjoyed every minute of it. If Jaime and Kristina happen to read this, thank you guys so much for a fun-filled training class!

So far, I'm loving my role. As Saratoga Springs and Old Key West are both dedicated Disney Vacation Club resorts, I have the opportunity to work at both! These past two days, I've been training at Saratoga, learning the ropes with my trainer, Valene, who's great! I've learned where everything is there, and have checked in quite a few people, including some into our new Treehouse Villas that just opened today! The units are beautiful, and it's so exciting to see something new. I'm getting a lot of experience with different guest issues, and it's very cool to see how the whole Front Desk unit really works as a team. I'm at Old Key West on Thursday and Friday (at 6:45am each time - eek!), and am excited to try something else! The days go by fast, and though my feet hurt at the end of the day, I'm still left with a lot of energy. I truly love seeing everyone, and interacting with guests. Today I saw a little girl in our lobby dressed as Belle! She was so adorable, and it made me smile and love what I do.

Other than work, everything's been going great! I went with a few friends to see UP on Friday at Downtown Disney, and it was one of the best movies I've ever seen, animated or not. I love Pixar. Please see it! I've also been having a great time with my roommates. There have been a few issues here and there, but I think things will work out for the best in the end.

That's all for now. I'm going to try to update more often for my own sake. I have the next two days off, and am going to park-hop with the roommates!

Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment