Thursday, May 21, 2009

'Bout time!

I'm here! Currently, I'm sitting with my roommates in the dining room of our three bedroom at Chatham Square! These past couple of days have been so hectic and exhausting, but I'll recap a bit.

Mom and I left for Florida on Monday, driving down and ultimately stopping in Georgia at the end of the night. We got to central Florida around noon on Tuesday and I recouped a bit and got ready for the Meet N Greet dinner at the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney. The dinner was a lot of fun (though it was literally hurricane-ing outside), and I met some great new people. My roommate, Jessie, and I were talking about the way everyone has already sort-of formed their groups - the tables were split in to about seven rows, and there was a lot of scatter. I had talked to a few people online, but am always nervous to go up to new people and introduce myself, even though I am somewhat outgoing - it takes me some time to get used to the situation, but once I do, I'm almost always talking. I did meet a few great new people, though! Thank you to Jaime Ray Soto for setting it up!

Wednesday (yesterday) was the longest day ever. I arrived at check-in around 7:45am, and got out of the car without realizing I had left my phone in it! I had no way of contacting the people I was going to meet up with. After some confusion, I found Jessie, who I'd met the day before, and we went through the line together. We ended up becoming roommates! We met another one of our new roommates, Joan, and then we drove to Chatham to check out our apartment, where we met another roommate, Francesca, and headed towards the bus to Casting.

Disney did something different this year - we actually registered for classes, fingerprinted, had a background check, and found out where we were working all in the same day we received our housing assignments! I am pleased to report that I am working Front Desk at....

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa!


I'm happy with my assignment - I had requested the Polynesian with my recruiter, or had hoped to get a monorail resort, but Saratoga is a great hotel, and I've actually stayed there more than any other Disney resort. I'm also happy about Saratoga because I'll be working at a DVC (Disney Vacation Club) resort! I have Traditions on Friday morning, my "Welcome Home" class is on Saturday morning, and then I don't have another class until Wednesday! In that time, I'm hoping to go to the parks once or twice with some new friends. My roommates, Francesca, Zahra, Pristina, Joan, and Jessie, are wonderful, and we all have different jobs and work locations!

That's all for now. I'll hopefully post pictures soon, and be sure to update after my first few classes if I don't fall asleep first!

No comments:

Post a Comment